Our fellowship-trained and board-certified orthopedic hand surgeons are known throughout Georgia and the Southeast for their specialized knowledge and training to assess, diagnose, and treat a wide variety of hand and wrist injuries and conditions in patients of all ages.
With our hands and fingers, we can tackle the daily tasks of life with ease. Though, when hand pain or injury strikes, the impact can be severe and often affect a patient's quality of life.
At The Hand & Upper Extremity Center of Georgia, our focus, experience, and training give us the expertise and skill to provide exceptional medical care for nearly every hand injury or condition for adults as well as children. From a simple injury to a complex condition, we can assess, diagnose, and provide treatment for several injuries and conditions of the hand including the following common hand injuries and conditions. Click on the links below to learn more about each condition.
Know When It’s Time to See a Hand Doctor
If you think your pain may be due to a hand injury or condition or if you are experiencing any of the symptoms described below, you should contact a hand doctor near you:
- Finger joint pain
- Grinding sensation when moving the fingers or hands
- Hand and arm pain that worsens
- Numbness, tingling, or throbbing while resting or sleeping
- Swelling and discomfort
- Thumb joint pain
You should also see a hand doctor if you have a fever or if your skin reddens, becomes warmer, and/or becomes more sensitive since you could have an infection. Because most people use their hands constantly throughout the day, hand pain usually does not go away unless it is properly diagnosed and treated by a hand doctor.
Specialized Care You Can Trust
At The Hand & Upper Extremity Center of Georgia, our hand doctors take a team approach in assessing, diagnosing, and treating our patients. From newborns with congenital differences and teenagers with sports injuries to adults with arthritis, our fellowship-trained and board-certified specialists at The Hand & Upper Extremity Center of Georgia are knowledgeable hand specialists with focused specialty training in hand problems. With this advanced training and extensive knowledge, you can be confident that our hand specialists will treat your individual needs with the highest level of expertise.
Our hand specialists are skilled in delivering a wide range of nonsurgical treatments and surgical procedures and techniques for a number of conditions and injuries, including:
- Congenital hand surgery
- Hand microsurgery
- Pediatric hand surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Steroid injections
- Tendon transfers
To schedule an appointment with a hand expert at The Hand & Upper Extremity Center of Georgia, you may use our My Choice resource to help select the right specialist for you and request an appointment online or call (404) 255-0226 for an appointment at one of our convenient locations in Atlanta, Alpharetta, and Cumming.
For additional information or to learn more about our practice, our expert providers, and the variety of conditions treated at The Hand & Upper Extremity Center of Georgia, we invite you to review our patient education resources or use the quick links below.
- Hand and Microvascular Surgery: Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center, Indianapolis, IN
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery: Harvard Medical School/Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA. Tetraplegia Hand and Upper Extremity Restoration: Case Western Reserve University – MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery: Harvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Upper Extremity and Microsurgery: The Philadelphia Hand Center and Shriner’s Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, PA
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery: Harvard Medical School/Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Hand Surgery: Philadelphia Hand Center/Thomas Jefferson University and Shriners Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, PA
Pediatric Hand Surgery: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite Hospital, Atlanta, GA